Chicken in Curry Sauce

>> Friday, December 12, 2008

I couldn't do it.
I just couldn't face another bologna sandwich today.
So I decided to experiment with some real food; Chicken.
Because chicken's always safe and easy, and pretty hard to mess up :)

I found some chicken pieces in the freezer, and after I thawed them, I put a little olive oil in a pan and fried them.

Then I added some buttermilk, some Herb and Garlic soup mix, and a few drops of lime juice



I simmered it over medium heat for a few minutes before adding a few shakes of curry powder.



The result:


Although a dear friend told me it looked disgusting, it sure beat fried bologna again. I probably wouldn't make it again, but hey, I experimented, so I'm happy. One thing, though; the sauce had a weird texture which I think was probably the result of heating the buttermilk. So the lesson learned; in cream sauce, use cream instead of buttermilk :)

And so I ate my non-bologna lunch and lived happily ever after...

Happy Cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day, y'all. Really!






  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP